I would like to work individually with people who want to embark on some kind of spiritual journey but are unsure of how to go about it or whether there are any institutions or practices that would work well for them. We would meet a number of times to identify your aims, possible paths, and the obstacles standing in your way.
I have no credentials relevant to this kid of work; what I offer is my own experience and my desire to put it to use in helping others. As I am new to this, there will be no charge. I have a full-time job, a family with two young children, and many other demands on my time. So I can work with only a couple people at a time, and will only continue the work as long as it is clearly beneficial for the person I am working with and myself.
My motivations in making this offer are:
- I want to share what I’ve learned about about being a skeptic and outsider drawing on the wisdom and guidance of “believers” of various sorts.
- I want to see whether others can benefit from my experience.
- I want to learn more about the ways other people struggle with these issues.
- I want to bring to bring this work and these ideas into the world in a tangible way that helps actual people.
- I will also want to write about the experience of working with others in this way. But I assure you that I will respect your privacy and only write (publicly) about anything you share with me with your explicit, written permission.
If you are interested, please read this article (and other material on the website if you have time) so you have a clear idea of who I am and what I’m trying to offer, and write no more than three pages explaining what you want to work on and why you want to work with me.